Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Moral dilemma in Huck Finn

Hope Reynolds – Jackson
Mr. Hughes
English 10 6th hour
31 October 2007
Moral dilemma in Huck Finn
In The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, Huck faces a number of moral dilemmas which reveal much about his character.

The moral dilemma that Huck talks about is when he was think about giving up Jim as a run away slave. Hucks start to think about should he give up Jim but then he start to think that he will be wrong for giving him up he thinking like what did Jim do to him. “They went off, and I got abroad the raft, felling bad and low, because I knowed very well I had done wrong, and I see it warn’t no use for me to try to learn to do the right; a body that don’t get started right when he’s little ain’t got no show -when the pinch comes there ain’t nothing to back him up and keep him to his work, and so he gets beat. Then I thought a minute, and says to myself better than what you do now? No, says I, I’d feel bad –I’d fell just the same way I do now. Well, then says I, what the use you learning to do right, when it’s troublesome to do right and ain’t no trouble to do wrong, and the wages is just the same? I was stuck. I couldn’t answer that. So I reckoned I wouldn’t bother no more about it, but after this always do whichever come handiest at the time.”

Huck did the wrong thing by thinking about giving Jim up I was really surprise by it because that’s not the kind of person Huck is a snitch besides he shouldn’t think that way especially when Jim didn’t go busting out and telling people that that Huck’s still alive and he faked his own death, either way they both will get in trouble because of the account of Jim’s a run away and Huck fake his own death.

Huck was wrong thinking like that he consider that Jim wants to look after him cause somebody wouldn’t Huck can learn a lot by Jim and Jim can learn a lot by Huck and they still are.Huck and Jim is building a wonderful and strong relationship, Huck shouldn’t be the one to break it.

No comments: